Lx2160a data sheet and lx2k com board usb implementation issue

images-2

The usb layout of the honeycomb isn’t clear or i believe the lx2160a usb phy controller is also being wasted, as accordin to the lx2160a datasheet its supposed to have two phy usb controllers but you guys used one and a hub that supports four usb 3 an for go the other phy controller.
Im i reading this right or is there a viable explanation for the unutilization of a pure usb3.0 port that would probably have been better.
Updated my comment.

The bottom rear port in the 2x usb 3.0 connections on the rear of the board has a dedicated phy, the top port and other USB 3.0 connections are connected through the hub.

Okay thanks very much.
It looks like the usb port on the rear is from the hub and the one from the header,
which is just one usb 3.0 and one 2.0 (minus the dedicated 2.0 header) is from the phy.
And if so where is the hub connected to?.
If both usb are from usb 3.0 phy’s and the one upfront is powered from hub.
Where is the hub connected to?.
images-2

Also reading your reply, im guesing there are two hubs then?.
Cause you said (The bottom rear port in the 2x usb 3.0 connections on the rear of the board has a dedicated phy)
So im guesing its one phy inthe rear to two usb 3.0 through hub,
And the other single usb3.0 header sub 2.0 headers are from another hub.
RIGHT?

There is a single USB 3.0 Hub that provides ports to the top rear header, and one side of the on board USB 3.0 header. The on board USB 3.0 header only supports a single USB 3.0 port, the other port is USB 2.0 only as shown in the block diagram. There is 1 USB 3.0 Hub and 1 USB 2.0 Hub on the CEX7 module.

To be clear, that usb hub supports upto 4 usb ports right?.
If so why not breakout the rest

Hey jon, im so sorry i just got what you mean by top rear usb i thought you meant, both usb 3.0 ports on the rear.
Thanks for the delicately placed explanation. :wave:

1 Like