HoneyComb LX2 unmounts keyboard in Alpine Linux

My keyboard: https://www.amazon.de/KLIM-Domination-RGB-QWERTZ-Tastatur-Tastenanschlag-VOLLSTÄNDIGE/dp/B01MZINK7U/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&dchild=1&keywords=KLIM+Domination&qid=1624599138&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzN0w4S1BNSUw1MlpYJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwOTEyMzU1RzRMQUdHRExQSE44JmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTEwMzU2MjEyRDhQU0tCTjNDMkFBJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

This is not that huge of an issue for me, I just have to pay attention at the alpine linux booting process.

This happens only sometimes, not always.

I fixed it, a very funny fix in my opinion: I was swapping the keyboard and mouse around in their USB-A ports, to see if it is a problem of these ports. I swapped both around: before: Keyboard in the upper port and mouse in the lower port; now: keyboard in the lower port and mouse in the upper port. The problem does not appear anymore.

You may also want to disable usb autosuspend in the kernel. This can cause some issues and the power savings isn’t really substantial enough for a desktop to keep it enabled. You can do this by adding usbcore.autosuspend=-1 to the kernel commandline or setting the modules.d conf configuration to reflect the same.

1 Like

As far as i know the kernel comandline is /proc/cmdline. sadly this file is readonly and not writable i looked in the internet, but couldn’t find a clear way to make it writeable, do you have an idea?

/proc/cmdline just allows you to see the arguments passed to the kernel. Those arguments are added to the kernel command by the bootloader. You should be able to reference your distro’s docs on how to do that.

1 Like

Thank you Jon, thank you Ilya,

Jon, you have fixed all of my problems I had with the HoneyComb LX2.
You made me a proud and happy owner of the HoneyComb LX2. You made my my whole week!

The HoneyComb compiles like a champion and the quality of the board is outstanding!

I hope this picture cheers you up :slight_smile: :

:grinning: looks great. Thanks for taking the time to get your questions answered in the forums and make the community better. Keep your eye out for a new thread I am going to start where community members can post and document their builds. This will allow new HC users to see what hardware works best and possible other mods that can be done to their hardware.

1 Like

Right, sound doesn’t work on my System yet, but this has nothing to do with the board, as the sound is fully produced by the Graphicscard or GPU. That is up to me. :smiley:

Other than that, The board is so powerful, that is goes strong for ever, it never slows down, when compiling sometimes all the cores are working and sometimes there is only one or 3 working. I think that when compiling that there are processes that are easy to parallelise and some that are not.

yes compiling software there are still limitations in the toolchain. For instance the GNU linker ld is single threaded. Now both gold.ld and lld (clang’s linker) are multi-threaded and can be used as an alternative. There are also other tasks which aren’t multithreaded by default like some compression libraries. I should probably write a blog post on some of the things I have done to optimize my system and take advantage of the parallelism of the system.

1 Like

I also filed an Issue on Github with the linux Kernel 5.10 with the SolidRun BSP optimizations:

I also once had 2 old Thinkpads (X60 and T43) from 2005 around 17 weeks ago, I installed KISS Linux (Linux distribution where everything is compiled from source) on the T43 it was, of course utterly slow the X60s would overheat, the T43 would get so slow that it would take ages to get a program. I waited 16 weeks for my HoneyComb LX2 and couldn’t be happier. The HoneyComb is the biggest upgrade I ever got.

I am right now installing KISS Linux on the HoneyComb. :slight_smile:

1 Like

usbcore.autosuspend=-1 does not help, but the problem is fixed anyways. It is distro-independent (happens on Void Linux aswell). I think the HoneyComb LX2 has a dedicated port which is for keyboards.