How to get linux header of Kernel version 5.10.35-00023-gcf7d90a076c

I want to install NVIDIA driver,but has a probom when run,

apt-get install linux-headers-$(uname -r)

some output as follow,

root@localhost:/home# apt-get install linux-headers-$(uname -r)
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package linux-headers-5.10.35-00023-gcf7d90a076c
E: Couldn't find any package by glob 'linux-headers-5.10.35-00023-gcf7d90a076c'
E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'linux-headers-5.10.35-00023-gcf7d90a076c'

Is there some way to get linux header?

They would need to be packaged from the lx2160a_build/build directory. Which nvidia driver are you trying to install, I don’t believe their current driver will run under device-tree however I haven’t tested it in a while.

I try to install P2200 driver. Yes,it’s such a bit difficulty.

So the P2200 is Pascal architecture if I am not mistaken. Unfortunately this needs the standard nvidia binary driver which does not work on HoneyComb. We had worked with Nvidia on this but ultimately they decided they would just support Turing and newer with their fully OSS kernel driver. I have this working with an Nvidia Turing card and everything is fully functional but it only supports Turing and newer. I have tried on older Nvidia GPUs like a GT1030 (also Pascal) and the driver will not work properly.

If you want to discuss this in more realtime feel free to join our discord channel. Developer-Ecosystem

thanks for the invitation

1 Like

Thx, I will replace P2200 with GTX3080Ti(Ampere) and try again.

The process should be

1. package Linux_header from lx2160a_build/build directory
  2. install CUDA as described on the NVIDIA Developer website

You will need to install the kernel module from GitHub - NVIDIA/open-gpu-kernel-modules: NVIDIA Linux open GPU kernel module source

Then install the binary driver package as per the directions in that repository. Basically run the installer without the kernel modules, that is all documented by Nvidia.

Then you may need some patches I have made for running everything on the LX2160a with ACPI. I have not tested device-tree at all though.

1 Like

thanks for your help. where may I get those patches?

1 Like