USB OTG - using UUU tool

Hi Solidrun team,
How can i download U-Boot image on imx8mp using uuu tool?

Hi Richard,

Thank you for reaching out to us,

The instruction should be:

1. clone the mfgtools project GitHub - NXPmicro/mfgtools: Freescale/NXP I.MX Chip image deploy tools. to use the uuu tools
  2. follow the build instruction (you should make sure that you success to build the project, the output should be mfgtools/uuu/uuu exec file)
    Note: If you use linux machine & not success to build the project make sure that you have the correct cmake version (it’s should cmake version 3.19.4+, I test it with 3.19.4 version - works fine)
  3. Connect the USB to USB cable, from your pc to the USB OTG (the upper one in the HB-Pluse/Ripple EVK)
  4. Configure the boot switch (S3) to boot in serial mode -follow this page HummingBoard Pulse and Ripple Boot Select | SolidRun
  5. Connect the power
  6. Make sure that you detect the USB = NXP Semiconductors in the USB List with the exactly vendor id:
    Device 014: ID 1fc9:0146 NXP Semiconductors
  7. Run the script uuu exec with the flash.bin [1] (of the imx8mp), to load the U-Boot
    you should run the command below with sudo:
    cd /mfgtools/uuu/
    sudo ./uuu <flash.bin-dir>/flash.bib
    [1]: You can use this binaries https://solid-run-ignition.sos-de-fra-1.exo.io/imx8mp/Buildroot/flash-uboot-1g-and-3g.bin
    Note: You can build your own image using the runme.sh script here – GitHub - SolidRun/imx8mp_build: IMX8M Plus buildroot build script
    the flash.bin should be under $ROOTDIR/build/imx-mkimage/iMX8M/flash.bin

Let me know if you have any issues with this, let me know at what stage it got stuck
We will do our best to help
Best Regards,
Yazan.