Imx8mm build instructions do not work

I am in the process of evaluating new imx8mm boards for a project, and this is my first time to use them. I followed the instructions at GitHub - SolidRun/meta-solidrun-arm-imx8 at kirkstone-imx8m because I need an Ubuntu image for my project.

I was fairly certain that this would not work because of the imx8mp setting (rather than imx8mm). It appears that I was right, and the imx8mp image fails to output any messages to the serial port at all.

I accidentally attempted to boot with a Debian imx8mq, and that was not compatible with the Mini. When I realized this mistake, I did get Debian imx8mm to boot up.

Where can I find the build instructions for imx8m Mini to build the most up-to-date Ubuntu?

As a follow up, I’m sure many of you are already aware that source.codeaurora.org has closed down.

The official instructions build instructions at https://solidrun.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/developer/pages/287212276/i.MX8M+Mini+Yocto need to be updated with corrected information to build the Mini image.

@mmundy3832 What was it you had to do to build for the mini? I am confused because I only see a machine conf file for imx8mp and a dtsi for imx8mp-hummingboard-pulse, not imx8mm-hummingboard-pulse or imx8mm machine conf. Thanks.