New to the Cubox

Hello. I just recently purchased two Cubox i4P 300-D PCs. As soon as I saw them, I had to get some. I was looking at some videos on YouTube and searched various articles online about how you could run Ubuntu and Android as well as having an interface that allows you to select which OS you’d like to boot to. Where can I find these? All the links I’ve found are no longer valid.

What’s the latest version of Ubuntu and Android that’s supported on the i4P? I would really love to get those two operating systems on the Cubox.

I see SolidRun offers Debian and Windows 10 IoT. I flashed Debian to a Micro SD card, but it’s asking for a password. How do I find it?

Never seen the Windows 10 IoT in use. Should be interesting. I’ll be sure to try it once I can get the other OS up and running.

Thanks.

most of this is answered at developer.solid-run.com. For our debian images the default username/password is just debian/debian. Cubox with the iMX6 SOC are very well supported in mainline so many armhf based distributions should work out of the box for you.

Thanks for the info. I’ll look at the page. Though I had asked about Ubuntu and Android because that’s what most of the old YouTube videos that I came across show and they happen to be the OS’ I wanted to use. I just came across the old wiki page. Some have links to images, but when I try to access the image it’s asks me for a username and password. The ones I use on this forum don’t work. Are they no longer publicly available?

When I bought a Cubox i4P years ago for my parents to use as a set-top-box on their living-room TV the newest version of Android for it was Android KitKat (4.4). I don’t know of an updated version for it.

We have not updated the Android version for CuBox-i4P to recent versions. There were limitations on the platform in regards to what newer versions of Android required that really kept it from being able to running Android well. That combined with the fact that Google would not certify the platform so things like the Google Play Store could only be installed by 3rd party owners made it very difficult to recommend as a platform.