LX2160 COM Express target initialization file

Hello!! I use LX2160 COM Express on my board. My board has no MMC card slot so i cant make it work now. i want to use TAP and codewarior to flash u-boot to spi , but target initialization script fail. I only have it for NXP LX2160A QDS and RDB boards. Could you provide target initialization file for your board, please ?

1 Like

Hi William,

You can download a pre-built snapshot image from SolidRun Images

Those images are built with the suffix of the commit ID of the GitHub - SolidRun/lx2160a_build: Scripts to build basic images for LX2160A COM express type 7 modules project that you can clone and build by yourself.

Note:
The prebuilt images are configured for SO-DIMM DDR4 with speed of 3200, 2900, 2600 and 2400 Mtps (with or without ECC support),. Images that have the prefix lx2160a_xspi are intended to be flashed into SPI and recommended for later use after being booted from micro SD

I suggest to take a look on this developer page - HoneyComb / ClearFog CX Installation and Tips | SolidRun
it’s including some installation tips with our Carrier board ClearFog_Cx/HoneyComb & LX2160 CEX7 COM

To take the U-Boot part of the SPI:

Take 4MByte out of those 64MByte - https://solid-run-images.sos-de-fra-1.exo.io/LX2k/lx2160a_build/lx2160acex7_xspi_2000_700_2400_8_5_2-2fff64e.img.xz

Let me know if you have any problems with that.

FYI,
If you order a quantity of cards (LX2160 Cex7 COM) you can ask Solidrun to send you the units with the appropriate software you will need on SPI/eMMC (we can do this at the factory during the tests)

Best Regards,
Yazan.