Ltc388x programming from external or internal?

Hmm, i want to know if the ltc388x can be programmed from the within the lx2k or with an external hardware?
Just curious if it will be required to use an external hardware for overvolting and undervolting.
If either, what software is gonna be used?.
Thanks.

With the production LX2160aCEX7 Hardware the WP pinof the ltc388x is pulled high disabling changing the factory settings.

Yeah, you’ve said that before, but im thinking its possible after taking away the wp resistor it will require reprogramming from either the external or internal.
And if so, how do i reprogram it?

If that resistor is removed, then it can be programmed over the i2c interface. If accesses to the i2c interface cause the settings to be corrupted then it needs to be programmed via Analog Device’s proprietary software.

Okay, but where is the i2c interface?, is it through the i2c mux switch?,
Or is it a physical header?.

it is connected to the SOC

Okay, thanks but what software can one use for voltage setting and at worst case scenario (reprogramming).

Ive heard about the ltpower play program, but its running only on windows and the lx2k runs linux so how is reprogramming/tweaking possible?.

Please review the u-boot code in lx2160a_build. There are built in u-boot commands for the platform that allow changing the voltage. I will let you know that the production lx2160a are not very overclockable. Most SOCs will do 2.2GHz without any voltage changes, but beyond that very few of the production SOCs are able to do 2.3 even with a voltrage increase and virtually non of them will be stable beyond that.

Well, thats odd, what but its clear that the lithography is 16nm as opposed to the raspberry pi bcm2711 22nm, and yet its able to do 2.8ghz with a voltage increase and cooling.
Why not the lx2160a?.
Is it firmware? Or temperature?.

Part of that is silicon lottery, I doubt every Raspberry Pi will do 2.8GHz, but additionally it is a very uncomplicated SOC, a single cluster of cores and a very simple interconnect backbone. Most likely it is the CCN-508 coherency interconnect that is the issue.

Ive always thought its gonna be an easy task to overclock and overvolt this thing but its even more of a job (thinking of ways to make it faster and on par with the m1 ultra and others.)
And why are there no comparable benchmarks from geekbench for this machine online its gonna make alot of sense to be able to compare to predecessors cpus to see if the upgrade is worth or not.

It isn’t ever going to be on par with an M1 Ultra, this is an 8 year old core design. It is designed as a networking platform, but at the time we designed the board it was still a very capable design.

Yeah, thanks again,
atleast it still powerfull enough as a developer platform.
Its still worth the dream.
But i will still try overclocks cause im probably a stubborn type.
Thanks.