Hummingboard2 boot from microSD card does not reach login - reaches initramfs instead

solidrun hummingboard2 (aka - Hummingboard Edge)

BEST (link found): developer/pages/270401543/HummingBoard+Edge+Quick+Start+Guide#Hardware-Setup

I have done the following:

set jumpers

downloaded img:
wget https://solid-run-images.sos-de-fra-1.exo.io/IMX6/Debian/sr-imx6-debian-bullseye-20220712-cli-sdhc.img.xz

burnt image to mSDcard:

expanded mSDcard to max size:
solidrun.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/developer/pages/288129025/Flashing+an+SD+Card

connect via uart to j25, 3.3v, 1=gnd/RX/TX

I DO NOT attach usb keyboard!!!

boot/power on

I expected to reach a login screen (username debian)

But, I get brought to:

(initramfs)

which is limited to these possible commands:

Built-in commands:

. : [ [[ alias bg break cd chdir command continue echo eval exec
    exit export false fg getopts hash help history jobs kill let
    local printf pwd read readonly return set shift source test times
    trap true type ulimit umask unalias unset wait

I have determined that:

the source boot img is on a mSDcard located at mmcblk1 (verified). I believe the emmc 8GB area is mmcblk2 (but that is a guess)
original command
xz -dc sr-imx6-debian-bullseye-20210904-cli-sdhc.img.xz | dd of=/dev/mmcblk2 bs=4M conv=fsync
edited command (after putting “sr-imx6-debian-bullseye-20210904-cli-sdhc.img.xz” in / on microSD

(none worked)

GOAL:

I am trying to setup the machine to boot into linux. Don’t care if the boot is mSD, eMMC, or USB. I just need it to work and save changes. But “ideally” I’d like the mSD card to contain /

Instead I pulled “sr-imx6-debian-buster-20220731-cli.img” from “…/IMX6/Debian” which allowed me to login as debian.

So I believe there is some issue with “sr-imx6-debian-bullseye-20220712-cli-sdhc.img.xz”

continuing with the instructions laid out in … developer/pages/270401543/HummingBoard+Edge+Quick+Start+Guide#Hardware-Setup

ok, i am able to boot from the microSD and am about to setup the computer to boot from there every time (which might be good as backups/clones will be very easy to create).

However, the process here - seems flawed/incomplete starting from step 3. for step 3 on the humminboard2 booted from the microSD, I did this command:

wget https://solid-run-images.sos-de-fra-1.exo.io/IMX6/Debian/sr-imx6-debian-bullseye-20220712-cli-sdhc.img.xz

then for step 4 I did:

sudo xz -dc sr-imx6-debian-bullseye-20220712-cli-sdhc.img.xz | dd of=/dev/mmcblk2 bs=4M conv=fsync

but this directory does not exist nor has it any contents (starting from u-boot):

/usr/lib/u-boot/mx6cuboxi/

The step you are referring to as flawed is for Debian 11 images, however 2 other methods are provided which will allow you to get the bootloader images and continue with the process.