How to determine eFuse settings on previously used iMX6 SOM

I recently acquired a couple of used HummingBoard 2 devices (a Gate Rev 1.2 no eMMC and an Edge Rev 1.2 w/ 4GB eMMC). These came with 3 different SOM Modules

1. i2EX-3C sticker on bottom. IMX6-uSOM 1.3 silkscreened on top. Appears to be 1GB RAM, no eMMC
  2. I4P 1.5.0 sticker on bottom. REV 1.5 silkscreened on top. Appears to be 2GB RAM, 8GB eMMC
  3. S6QN28C15 1.5.0 sticker on bottom, REV 1.5 silkscreened on top. Sticker w/ Model i4P-3C-310-D MAC and a MAC address, another sticker with S6QN28

Neither of the devices will boot from SD with any of the SOM Modules.

How do I determine what if any eFuses have already been blown on the SOM Modules. Is there some way to do this without the MFGTool which seems to require MS Windows which I don’t currently have!

To read the fused settings you will need to boot the device. If the SOC won’t boot from the configured medium it should fall back to USB recovery mode. There are instructions on developer.solid-run.com for making a recovery cable, the other option if you have a USB-C to USB-A cable is to get a USB-C to USB-A male adapter. Generally these adapters come with resistor already on VCC so this configuration is safe to use for board to board recovery.

On Linux you can either use NXP’s utility, GitHub - NXPmicro/mfgtools: Freescale/NXP I.MX Chip image deploy tools. or Boundary Devices imxusbloader, GitHub - boundarydevices/imx_usb_loader: USB & UART loader for i.MX5/6/7/8 series

There is documentation on developer.solid-run.com regarding decoding the sku on the sticker to understand the hardware you have.