Create ConsolaRetro

Which of the following images should you download, for my humming board pro with imx6 https://www.recalbox.com/es/download/stable/allimages/

Unfortunately that project does not build images compatible with our platforms. This system is built using buildroot, which does have full support for our boards using the mx6cubox_defconfig configuration. It should be relatively easy to add support for our boards to the project.

http://www.lakka.tv/get/linux/imx/

If my board is a humming board, which of the images should I download?

CuBox should work

The version of Cubox downloaded from the web page will not work on hummingboard sbcs, you will only see it start in a loop.

For it to work, you have to include the corresponding sbc dtb file in the lakka boot partition, and add imx6dl-hummingboard.dtb or corresponding to each model.

So our u-boot for the iMX6 (mainline also) will auto-detect the board it is running on and properly select the proper device-tree file. All that is needed is to include all the imx6cubox and hummingboard files in the boot partition. It should work seamlessly.

i searched the file, but i could not find it. Please can you show me where download it. thank you

I will try and write up some instructions for you. Will also test this out myself. Which emulators are you most interested in? I am thinking about doing some benchmarking on the CuBox vs CuBox-M

Hello @jnettlet, any news on how to do it? :slight_smile:
I am interested in Mame emulator mainly.
I have downloaded the lakka image and indeed, it loops.
From what I understand, we need to add files to the img folder to make it work?

I managed to have it launched by :

• copying every files from u boot image directory to both extlinux and root folder from SD card
  • copying and renaming imx6dl-cubox-i.dtb to imx6dl-hummingboard.dtb

but I guess it can be optimized and the interface is veeeeeery slow so I guess I did probably something wrong :wink:

I downloaded and installed the hummingboard iso, but I always got an error saying that a file was missing, because I found this file in another iso, an iso that is general, I just copied it and everything worked fine, I uploaded the games online , by the winscp program

Ola, so you found the file imx6dl-hummingboard.dtb in another lakka iso, copied it to the root folder of your SD car and it worked ?

Edit : I reply to myself : yes, simply find the dtb file and copyright it to root folder of your SD card.

Bonus question :

It is still very slow on my hummingboard (in fact it’s not playable)

I have a “Jeedomboard” so it’s based on a Solo/DualLite so supposedly 1 cpu and 500 mb of ram…
Isn’t it enough to play 80’s game (Mame)???

Any way to “activate” the second CPU ? :smile:

Yes, first download iso for humming board, later I found the file inxdl-hummingboard.dtb in another lakka iso, exactly, so all works fine. Do you speak Spanish?