Could not display a video on a screen with cubox-M with buildroot system

Hi,

I am using a cubox-M with a custom buildroot system.
I am trying to display a video with gstreamer.
I use this command:
gst-launch-1.0 playbin uri=file:///root/background_video.mov
I know that is working on a yocto image but on my buildroot system I have this type of error:

# gst-launch-1.0 playbin uri=file:///root/background_video.mov                  
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...                                                  
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...                                                      
error: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set in the environment.                              
WARNING: from element /GstWaylandSink:waylandsink0: Could not initialise Wayland
 output                                                                         
Additional debug info:                                                          
../ext/wayland/gstwaylandsink.c(362): gst_wayland_sink_find_display (): /GstWayl
andSink:waylandsink0:                                                           
Failed to create GstWlDisplay: 'Failed to connect to the wayland display '(defau
lt)''                                                                           
Redistribute latency...                                                         
error: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set in the environment.                              
Redistribute latency...                                                         
Pipeline is PREROLLED ...                                                       
Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...                                                 
New clock: GstSystemClock                                                       
Got EOS from element "playbin0".                                                
Execution ended after 0:00:10.041199000                                         
Setting pipeline to NULL ...                                                    
Freeing pipeline ...        

and nothing is displayed on my hdmi screen.
However, I am able to display an image with fbv.

In my defconfig I have selected:

BR2_PACKAGE_GSTREAMER1=y

BR2_PACKAGE_GST1_PLUGINS_GOOD=y

BR2_PACKAGE_GST1_PLUGINS_BAD=y

BR2_PACKAGE_GST1_PLUGINS_UGLY=y

BR2_PACKAGE_GST1_LIBAV=y

BR2_PACKAGE_GST1_PLUGINS_BAD_PLUGIN_OPENH264=y

BR2_PACKAGE_GST1_PLUGINS_BASE_PLUGIN_VIDEOCONVERT=y

BR2_PACKAGE_GST1_PLUGINS_GOOD_PLUGIN_AUTODETECT=y

BR2_PACKAGE_GST1_PLUGINS_GOOD_PLUGIN_DEINTERLACE=y

BR2_PACKAGE_GST1_PLUGINS_BASE_LIB_OPENGL=y

BR2_PACKAGE_GST1_PLUGINS_BAD_PLUGIN_GL=y

BR2_PACKAGE_GST1_PLUGINS_GOOD_PLUGIN_QMLGL=y

BR2_PACKAGE_GST1_PLUGINS_GOOD_PLUGIN_V4L2=y

I have mainly focused on the Yocto builds. I will review the BuildRoot kernel and update patches by Monday to try and rectify this issue.

Great thanks!
Indeed, it was working correctly on yocto

Hi!
Did you find any correction for the problem of gstreamer on the Buildroot system?

There is way more missing in BuildRoot than I expected for fully working iMX8M Plus. I will get it, but it will take a bit more time than I anticipated.