Yocto build for IMX8MP impossible to build

Hy everyone, I’m trying to build a yocto image with Ubuntu 20.04, 64 GB RAM. I’m installing all the yocto dependencies, following the git solidrun yocto web steps, but I receive a lot of warnings “Failed to fetch”:

Then, I have solved them with this:

git config --global url." i cant put urls “.insteadOf git@github.com:
git config --global url.” i cant put urls ".insteadOf git://

But anyway, I have received this error related with other repository that is dead:

| fatal: repository 'https://anongit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/common/’ not found

What is the reason? What am i doing wrong? I have tried different yocto versions, different ubuntu versions but there is no way to create a yocto image.

What version of Yocto are you trying to compile?

The Yocto version I have trying is Hardknott.

interesting. I wonder if NXP has changed their recipes. I will do a build and see what is going on.

1 Like

How did it go with this? I have the same issue that the full build failed. The only build that works is the following:

• core-image-minimal
  • imx-image-core
  • imx-image-multimedia

You are getting a failure building imx-image-full? This is the same recipe we are using to build our CI and doing a grep through the sources file I can not match any recipes for this image, grep -r 'anongit\.freedesktop\.org' sources/*

So you could not find “imx-image-full”? This is the command that you have in your README.

yes, and that is what we are building from our CI, and what I am testing locally. This is the output I have from the grep command I provided.

meta-openembedded/meta-networking/recipes-support/spice/spice-protocol_git.bb:    git://anongit.freedesktop.org/spice/spice-protocol;branch=master \
meta-openembedded/meta-networking/recipes-support/spice/spice_git.bb:    git://anongit.freedesktop.org/spice/spice;name=spice;branch=master \
meta-openembedded/meta-networking/recipes-support/spice/spice_git.bb:    git://anongit.freedesktop.org/spice/spice-common;destsuffix=git/subprojects/spice-common;name=spice-common;branch=master \
meta-openembedded/meta-networking/recipes-support/spice/usbredir_0.9.0.bb:    git://anongit.freedesktop.org/spice/usbredir;branch=master \
meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-gnome/pyxdg/pyxdg_0.26.bb:SRC_URI = "git://anongit.freedesktop.org/xdg/pyxdg;branch=master"
meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-graphics/vdpau/libvdpau_1.4.bb:SRC_URI = "git://anongit.freedesktop.org/vdpau/libvdpau;branch=master"
meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-graphics/xorg-driver/xf86-video-armsoc_1.4.1.bb:SRC_URI = "git://anongit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-armsoc;branch=master"
poky/bitbake/lib/bb/tests/fetch.py:        # mirror of git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/proto/presentproto since network issues interfered with testing
poky/bitbake/lib/bb/tests/fetch.py:                # mirror of git://anongit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-omap since network issues interfered with testing
poky/meta/recipes-graphics/virglrenderer/virglrenderer_0.8.2.bb:SRC_URI = "git://anongit.freedesktop.org/virglrenderer;branch=master \
poky/meta/recipes-graphics/xorg-driver/xf86-video-intel_git.bb:SRC_URI = "git://anongit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-intel;branch=master \

none of those recipes should be included in the imx-image-full, and all of them are from the core hardknott repositories

I manged to build the full build some days back. But because I needed to change the git commits used for this Yocto setup (by SolidRun) it did not change the fact that the default setup are ok and this is the topic of this thread. So what you are saying is that full build are broken. And if so how will fix it?

I am unsure of the issue you are having. You have provided no logs and the error that you described seems to be specific to your network setup. All of our git URL’s are using protocol=https so should run on any network that allows https to github. HTTPS urls will fail if your network does not allow the protocol, your build system does not have ca-certificates installed, or your local time is set incorrectly.

This is not my case, so yes no logs. I just want to know if there are any issue because the thread was not answered and I have issue with imx-image-full. So the 6 month old git should work fine without any issue, right?

Just answer some of your questions: I do not believe I have issue with HTTPS accesses and all gits are fetched and the error I get are related to a do_compile so not the OPs issue.