Macchiatobin Double Shot - Compatible SFP Transceiver

Hi,

Is there a list of compatible 10G SFP Transceivers for the Macchiatobin? I would like to buy a transceiver for my mcbin, but I could not find this information anywhere.

We have a list of transceivers for the layerscape LX160a on our developer website and those same 10Gbps transceivers are generally tested against the our other networking platforms as well. In general we have found that the generic modules from fiberstore…https://fs.com (they are not a partner, just a supplier) have been very reliable on our platforms.

Hi, jnettlet,

I’ve been trying to find a transceiver that works with my Macchiatobin with no success so far.

I have a FttH connection that can be used with transceivers that are: Single Mode, Simplex, BiDi, Tx: 1310 nm, Rx: 1550 nm.

So far I’ve tested the transceiver that came with my ISP box (Fritzbox), one from TP-Link (model TL-SM321B-2), and more recently one from FS following your suggestion about the generic modules from FS. Note that these are 1000Base-BX SFP modules, not SFP+.

Some additional information for context:

• OpenWrt 23.05.0, r23497-6637af95aa
  • Linux OpenWrt 5.15.134 #0 SMP Mon Oct 9 21:45:35 2023 aarch64 GNU/Linux
  • Module from FS: Generic Compatible SFP 1000BASE-BX-U BiDi 1310nm-TX/1550nm-RX 20km DOM Simplex LC/UPC SMF Optical Transceiver Module

When I connect the generic FS module to one of the 10gbps ports, the kernel says:
[ 498.343155] mv88x3310 f212a600.mdio-mii:00: incompatible SFP module inserted

When I connect it to the module on the corner, the kernel does not give an error, but link never goes up.

Do you have an idea what I can try next?

I have never tested a 1000Base-BX module. Have you tried it in the SFP port next to the 1Gbps ethernet, and not the 10Gbps SFP+ ports. Other than that I will have to look at the SPEC and make sure they are compatible.