Lx2160a_build error

I’m trying to build a U-Boot Debian image using the script provided by:

https://github.com/SolidRun/lx2160a_build

I launched the build using the following command:

docker run --rm -i -t -v "$PWD":/work -e DISTRO=debian -e DEBIAN_VERSION=bookworm -e DEBIAN_ROOTFS_SIZE=24576M -e SHALLOW=true lx2160a_build -u $(id -u) -g $(id -g)

Whether using the Docker method or the runme script, the result is the same:

Assembling kernel and rootfs image
Could not allocate block in ext2 filesystem
Error copying file /home/nesak/Descargas/lx2160a_build/images/tmp/boot/Image.gz to /home/nesak/Descargas/lx2160a_build/images/tmp/debian.ext4:boot/
Error encountered copying files
ERROR: Line 784 failed with status 255: e2cp -G 0 -O 0 $ROOTDIR/images/tmp/boot/Image.gz $ROOTDIR/images/tmp/$ROOTFS.ext4:boot/

Has anyone successfully built a functional Debian image using this tool?

That error means your target image disk size is too small. I would recommend first building the image without manually setting the DEBIAN_ROOTFS_SIZE

Good afternoon, I have run the build again without the DEBIAN_ROOTFS_SIZE parameter, and I am getting the same error. I have also tried values of 2G, 4G, 20G, 30G for the DEBIAN_ROOTFS_SIZE parameter, all with the same result.

I’m adding more information; I’ve launched the build both with Docker and using the runme.sh script. If I run the build without any parameters, I get an Ubuntu image in both cases without any issues. However, if I add the parameters DISTRO=debian and DEBIAN_VERSION=bookworm, I consistently encounter the following error:

bash

Assembling kernel and rootfs image
Could not allocate block in ext2 filesystem
Error copying file /home/nesak/Downloads/lx2160a_build/images/tmp/boot/Image.gz to /home/nesak/Downloads/lx2160a_build/images/tmp/debian.ext4:boot/
Error encountered copying files
ERROR: Line 784 failed with status 255: e2cp -G 0 -O 0 $ROOTDIR/images/tmp/boot/Image.gz $ROOTDIR/images/tmp/$ROOTFS.ext4:boot/

I’ve tried running the failing command manually by replacing $ROOTDIR with its corresponding path:

bash

e2cp -G 0 -O 0 /home/nesak/Downloads/lx2160a_build/images/tmp/boot/Image.gz /home/nesak/Downloads/lx2160a_build/images/tmp/debian.ext4:boot/

But the error persists. I have no idea where else to look for a solution to this issue.

Thanks for the additional information. I will pass it along to the developer that maintains this project