How to integrate MIPI camera drivers into the system, which can load during the boot time.?

Hello there,

I’m are working with OnSemi’s AR0234 MIPI camera for our application and trying to integrate the driver into the system.

I’ve ar0234.c, ar0234.h and fimware.txt files with me from OnSemi but I don’t know how to integrate in the system using patch.?

I’ve updated the device-tree with the camera information into imx8mp-hummingboard-pulse.dts, but I’m not sure, where I should be including the driver files in order to load the drivers while booting the system and start using the MIPI Camera.

Could anyone please help me with this.??
Looking forward to your response.

NXP has a sensor porting guide as part of the documentation for board. You can find it under their iMX8MP documentation on their site, i.MX 8M Plus | Cortex-A53/M7 | NXP Semiconductors

@jnettlet Thanks for your response.
Could you please tell me the specific name of the document you are taking about.??

I’m seeing so many documents but none of them seems to be relevant for the solution I’m looking for.

I already have driver files with me. The camera sensor already have ISP on it, so simple integrating the driver into the final build will help. I have device tree patch for the sensor as well. Which I’ve updated to imx8mp-hummingboard-pulse.dts, the only thing I’m not aware of where to add the driver files in order to install into the system.

Looking forward to your response.
Thanks
Lokesh

The document is sensor porting for the iMX8MP, there are multiple documents regarding integrating camera sensors in NXP’s documentation archive. If the camera has an ISP then you will want to integrate it via the ISI. It is hard to say where to put the driver files without knowing how they are written. If they are kernel drivers they should have a Kconfig and Makefile to build them.

Dear @jnettlet ,

The camera driver and device tree patch I have for imx8m-mini of Toradex (Verdin) board.
But want to integrate the camera for Solidrun imx8m-plus-hummung board-pulse.

I’ve gone through the patches and did the required changes to the paths for coping the contents of the patch into the build folders. Patch contains aro234.c ar0234.h, ar0234_firmware.txt, additional arguments for Kconfig and Makefile both and another patch contains device tree requirement for the camera using i2c3, ISI and mipi-0.

After the build, I don’t see ar0234 driver folder under /sys/bus/i2c/drivers/, but I2C is able detect camera address and read aswell.

Thanks
Lokesh

Do you have a schematic for the sensors connector? Did you verify that VCC voltages match our pinout?

Dear @jnettlet ,

Yes, we have designed our own carrier card for imx8mp-som. Also, when I connect camera to the device, linux is able to detect the sensor i2c address and I’m abble to read the content as well from the camera. So the power supply should be OK in this case.

I can share the patch files what I have with me. Let mw know how can I share with you.
I have original Patch files for Toradex and edited for solidrun.

Thanks
Lokesh